About the Journal
Focus dan Scope
Journal Islamic Study is a peer-reviewed journal to discuss about new findings in Islamic study field. This journal is publishing original empirical research articles and theoretical reviews on Islamic study. The specific scopes are ranged from but not limited to:
Study of Al-Quran and Hadith; Philosophy of Islamic study; History of Islamic study; Policies of Islamic studies; Politics of Islamic studies; Islamic study of Curriculum; Law in Islamic study; Islamic study Institution; Teaching and Learning in Islamic study; Ethnography on Islamic study; Local Wisdom-Based Islamic study; Development of Learning Theory and Design; Psychology of Islamic study; Islamic study Paradigms; Character of Islamic study; Gender in Islamic study; And so on.
Publication Ethics Statement
Ethical Guideline for Journal Publication
The publication of an article in a peer-reviewed Al Ashriyyah is an essential building block in the development of a coherent and respected network of knowledge. It is a direct reflection of the quality of the work of the authors and the institutions that support them. Peer-reviewed articles support and embody the scientific method. It is therefore important to agree upon standards of expected ethical behavior for all parties involved in the act of publishing: the author, the journal editor, the peer reviewer, the publisher and the society.
Sekolah Tinggi Agama Islam Nurul Iman (STAI Nurul Iman) as publisher of Al Ashriyyah takes its duties of guardianship over all stages of publishing seriously and we recognize our ethical and other responsibilities. We are committed to ensuring that advertising, reprint or other commercial revenue has no impact or influence on editorial decisions.
This statement clarifies ethical behavior of all parties involved in the act of publishing an article in this journal, including the author, the Editor in Chief, the Editorial Board, the peer-reviewers and the publisher. This statement is based on COPE’s Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors.
After you have finished reading this Publication Ethics Statement, please download the Ethical Statement and the Copyright Agreement. Please sign and submit the Ethical Statement as a part of your initial article submission. The Copyright Agreement must be submitted before the article can be published.
The editor of the Al Ashriyyah is responsible for deciding which of the articles submitted to the journal should be published. The validation of the work in question and its importance to researchers and readers must always drive such decisions. The editors may be guided by the policies of the journal's editorial board and constrained by such legal requirements as shall then be in force regarding libel, copyright infringement and plagiarism. The editors may confer with other editors or reviewers in making this decision.
An editor at any time evaluates manuscripts for their intellectual content without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the authors.
The editor and any editorial staff must not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers, potential reviewers, other editorial advisers, and the publisher, as appropriate.
Disclosure and conflicts of interest
Unpublished materials disclosed in a submitted manuscript must not be used in an editor's own research without the express written consent of the author.
Duties of Reviewers
Contribution to Editorial Decisions
Peer review assists the editor in making editorial decisions and through the editorial communications with the author may also assist the author in improving the paper.
Any selected referee who feels unqualified to review the research reported in a manuscript or knows that its prompt review will be impossible should notify the editor and excuse himself from the review process.
Any manuscripts received for review must be treated as confidential documents. They must not be shown to or discussed with others except as authorized by the editor.
Standards of Objectivity
Reviews should be conducted objectively. Personal criticism of the author is inappropriate. Referees should express their views clearly with supporting arguments.
Acknowledgment of Sources
Reviewers should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors. Any statement that an observation, derivation, or argument had been previously reported should be accompanied by the relevant citation. A reviewer should also call to the editor's attention any substantial similarity or overlap between the manuscript under consideration and any other published paper of which they have personal knowledge.
Disclosure and Conflict of Interest
Privileged information or ideas obtained through peer review must be kept confidential and not used for personal advantage. Reviewers should not consider manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the papers.
Duties of Authors
Authors of reports of original research should present an accurate account of the work performed as well as an objective discussion of its significance. Underlying data should be represented accurately in the paper. A paper should contain sufficient detail and references to permit others to replicate the work. Fraudulent or knowingly inaccurate statements constitute unethical behavior and are unacceptable.
Originality and Plagiarism
The authors should ensure that they have written entirely original works, and if the authors have used the work and/or words of others that this has been appropriately cited or quoted.
Multiple, Redundant or Concurrent Publication
An author should not, in general, publish manuscripts describing essentially the same research in more than one journal or primary publication. Submitting the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently constitutes unethical publishing behavior and is unacceptable.
Acknowledgment of Sources
Proper acknowledgment of the work of others must always be given. Authors should cite publications that have been influential in determining the nature of the reported work.
Authorship of the Paper
Authorship should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to the conception, design, execution, or interpretation of the reported study. All those who have made significant contributions should be listed as co-authors. Where there are others who have participated in certain substantive aspects of the research project, they should be acknowledged or listed as contributors. The corresponding author should ensure that all appropriate co-authors and no inappropriate co-authors are included on the paper and that all co-authors have seen and approved the final version of the paper and have agreed to its submission for publication.
Disclosure and Conflicts of Interest
All authors should disclose in their manuscript any financial or other substantive conflicts of interest that might be construed to influence the results or interpretation of their manuscript. All sources of financial support for the project should be disclosed.
Fundamental errors in published works
When an author discovers a significant error or inaccuracy in his/her own published work, it is the author’s obligation to promptly notify the journal editor or publisher and cooperate with the editor to retract or correct the paper.
Instructions For Author
- On the boundary of Islamic study,
- Never and not being published in other journals,
- Prioritized on based empirical research,
- Written in English (using Microsoft Word, Times New Roman 12, 1 space, B5) or Arabic (Microsoft World, Traditional Arabic 14, 1 space),
- Submit to: https://jurnal.nuruliman.or.id
- The identity of papers requires; title, full name(s) of the author(s), affiliation,
email, abstract (200 words, at least it includes; purpose, method, results of research, conclusion, impact), and keywords (3-5 words).
- The contents of papers for empirical research consist of Introduction, Method, Results and Discussion, Conclusion, and Bibliography.
- Introduction consisting of background, literature review (to arrange the state of the art), purpose and problem formulation, written in one chapter without subtitle.
- Method consists of a description of research type, data collection, data source, data type, and data analysis. It is written in a paragraph form.
- Result and Discussioninform a number of important data (original) field which obtained from the questionnaires, surveys, documents, interviews, observations and other data collection techniques. It can be completed with table or graphics to clarify the result. All figures and tables should be centered and numbered consecutively. Tables (refer to Table 1, Table 2,…) should be presented above the table contain in center alignment. A descriptive title should be placed after table title (refer to Table 1, Table 2,…) above each table. The source of the table should be placed on the table in the right alignment. Figures and tables should be mentioned in the related text.
- Conclusion: write succinctly and clearly the result of research then describe the logical consequence in developing science and praxis of Islamic study. Conclusion is not indented and uses bolded Times New Roman 12.
- Bibliography consists ofreference and citations refer to the APA style sixth edition by using manager reference (Mendeley/Zotero/Endnote).
- Transliteration of Arabic to Latin refers to the model of the Library of Congress.
Peer Review Process
Some policies in the review of Al Ashriyyah Jurnal Studi Keislaman Sekolah Tinggi Agama Islam Nurul Iman (STAI Nurul Iman):
- Any submitted paper will be reviewed by two reviewers appointed by the editorial board.
- Review process employs Double-blind Review, namely, the reviewer does not know the identity of the author, and the author does not know the identity of the reviewer.
- In the review process, reviewers consider the correspondence of title, abstract, discussion (findings) and conclusions. In addition, reviewers also consider the novelty, scientific impact, and references used in the paper.
Letter Of Copyright Assignment
As an author of Al Ashriyyah Jurnal Studi Keislaman Sekolah Tinggi Agama Islam Nurul Iman (STAI Nurul Iman) Bogor Accociated with Asosiasi Sarjana Pendidikan Islam (ASPI) Indonesia, I, who sign below:
- My paper is authentic; my own writing and it has not been published/proposed on any other journals and publication.
- My paper is not plagiarism but my original idea/research.
- My paper is not written by other help, except with Board of Editors and Reviewers recommendation who have been chosen by this journal.
- In my paper, there are no other writings or opinions except referred in bibliography and relevant with the rule of writing in this journal.
- I give all my copyright of this paper to this journal include the right for managing and publication.
- I make this assignment surely. If there are distortion and untruth in this assignment, later, I will take responsibility as the current law.
Al Ashriyyah Jurnal Studi Keislaman is a peer-reviewed international journal, available in print and online and published two times a year. This statement clarifies ethical behaviour of all parties involved in the act of publishing an article in this journal, including the author, the chief editor, the Editorial Board, the peer-reviewer and the publisher (Sekolah Tinggi Agama Islam Nurul Iman). This statement is based on COPE’s Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors.
Open Access Policy
By virtue of their appearance in this is open access jurnal, articles are free to use after initial publication under a Creative Commons Atribution 4.0 International Licenses.